Canadian Society of Safety Engineering
- The Canadian Society of Safety Engineering (CSSE) is the leading health, safety and environmental organization for professionals in Canada. Working with industry, governmental agencies, and other safety organizations to promote a greater awareness of health, safety, and environmental issues in workplaces and communities across the nation and around the world with a vision of “An Advocate for Safety in Every Workplace.”
- Dylan Short is the National Board representative for Educational Services, Chair of the Education Committee and a Professional Member of CSSE.
- CSA Group is an independent, not-for-profit membership association dedicated to safety, social good and sustainability. Its knowledge and expertise encompass standards development; training and advisory solutions. The CSA certification mark appears on billions of products worldwide.
- Dylan Short is the Chair of the Z1001 OHS Training standard that was published March 2013 and a Member of the Strategic Steering Committee providing governance and guidance on the future of CSA OHS Standards.
American Society of Safety Engineers
- The American Society of Safety Engineers represents more than 34,000 safety, health and environmental (SH&E) professionals who work across all industries around the world protecting people, improving business and safeguarding the environment. Through their efforts, ASSE members help employees stay safe, healthy and productive, which delivers positive bottom-line results to employers and helps enhance corporate image.
- Dylan Short is a member in good standing of the ASSE and a member of the Distracted Driving Committee
Standards Council of Canada
- The mandate of the Standards Council of Canada is to promote efficient and effective voluntary standardization in Canada, where standardization is not expressly provided for by law and, in particular, to:
- promote the participation of Canadians in voluntary standards activities,
- promote public-private sector cooperation in relation to voluntary standardization in Canada,
- coordinate and oversee the efforts of the persons and organizations involved in the National Standards System,
- foster quality, performance and technological innovation in Canadian goods and services through standards-related activities, and
- develop standards-related strategies and long-term objectives, in order to advance the national economy, support sustainable development, benefit the health, safety and welfare of workers and the public, assist and protect consumers, facilitate domestic and international trade and further international cooperation in relation to standardization.
- Dylan Short is a member of the ISO 45001 Development Committee on International OHS Management Systems.
Motor Vehicle Safety Association
- The Mission of the Motor Vehicle Safety Association is to foster the general welfare and to promote the mutual interests of the public and the motor vehicle fleet operators by encouraging the safe and efficient use of the street and highways, and the proper maintenance of motor vehicles; by disseminating information regarding safe use of motor vehicles effective methods of preventing accidents and other matters relating to motor vehicles and their operations.
- Dylan Short is the Immediate Past President of MVSA.